02 Apr 16-Hour Competent Person Fall Protection Training
The employer shall provide an appropriate number of Competent Persons to supervise and be a resource to the Authorized Person(s) working at height and support the fall protection program. ANSI Z359.2-2017 (3.2.5)
Our EM385 Competent Person Fall Protection Training complies with ANSI Z359.2, ANSI Z490.1, OSHA 1926.503, and current 1910.30 Standards. Our trainers are all extremely knowledgeable and experienced in the fall protection field. Classes are catered to the customers’ needs with a combination of PowerPoint presentations, videos, and practical applications.
Upon completion of Atlantic Fall Protection’s Competent Person training, students have a thorough understanding of fall protection equipment selection, donning of the harness, connecting devices, passive systems, restraint systems, arrest systems, hazard identification and elimination, positioning systems, rescue systems, anchorages, fall protection inspections, and OSHA and ANSI fall protection standards. All individuals that complete the course exam are presented with a Certificate of Completion.
Course Subject Matter Includes:
- Applicable OSHA Regulations and ANSI Standards.
- Intro to Fall Protection ǀ Fall Protection Definitions
- Requirements of a Managed Fall Protection Program
- Identification of Fall Hazards ǀ Identification of Non-Certified Anchor Points
- Proper Donning of the Full Body Harness ǀ Harness Suspension Exercise
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems ǀ Restraint Systems ǀ Positioning Systems
- Guardrail Systems ǀ Safety Net Systems
- Inspection Requirements ǀ Inspection Practical Application
- Elevated Work Platforms
- Portable Ladders
- Basic Rescue 101
This course may also include demonstrations from Little Giant Ladders, FallTech, Web Devices, and/or 3M/DBI SALA.
Hot breakfast is provided each morning, with snacks in the afternoon.
Typical class sizes are 15-30 students and, in some cases, may be conducted at your place of business.